Front Yard Garden Tips

Many people realize that they need permission from the local/city council when they add extensions to their home, but you will also need to let your local council know what you are doing with your front yard as well.

You will need to contact your local council if you are doing the following things to your front yard garden.

Walls and Fences - You will more then likely need council permission if you wish to build a masonry wall that is higher then 600mm adjoining a public thoroughfare.

If you are building a fence over 1m, you will need to contact your council as well.

Create a Driveway - If you are laying a driveway, you can get the local/city council to flatten the curb outside your property. You will have to pay for this.

Terracing - If you are building any retaining walls, call your local council. There are regulations that rule over the correct drainage, height and the rights of your neighbors.

Curbs - If you plan on doing anything with the lawn outside your gate near the road, contact the council to find out what plants are suitable and to find out where pipes and electricity lines run.

Staying out of trouble and avoiding fines from your local council is easy. They are only a phone call away.

Popular Landscaping Articles
Front Yard Landscape Tips  | Front Yard Landscaping Idea | Front Yard Garden | Front Yard Landscape Idea | Front Yard Design

Backyard Landscaping Tips